Sunday 8 May 2011

Evaluation

1. In what ways does your music magazine use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real music magazines? 
 
 To start with, I used the masthead of my magazine at the bottom of the front cover to make the cover different. I also think it looks a lot tidier, and this way it fitted in better with the image.  I used the "overlay" tool for the masthead so that the colours changed with the image. I think it looks sharp and professional.
 My contents page is organized in number-order instead of different sections. I'm not convinced that it was a good move, but the contents page still looks tidy and simple and legit.
  My doublepage spread continues with the colour scheme on the front cover. I wanted the magazine to look organized, and to follow some type of colour rule.
 Also, my choice of titles and fonts were original, I didn't base my design  on another magazine.
 
2. How does your magazine represent particular social groups?
 
 By the look of my magazine, you can tell it is more suited to teenagers who are more interested in independent music. It is directed at Indies and Hipsters. My style of photography portrays this, as well as the simple, efficient and to-the-point layout of the magazine. For the front cover, I used a drawing tool over the photograph, which i thought was more stylish and conformed more to the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment